2016 – Sessional Lecturer, Magic, Religion, & Witchcraft
Sociology & Anthropology Department. University of Prince Edward Island
~ The course provides a comparative study of magic, witchcraft, and religion in Western and non-Western contexts. Topics include symbolic systems and ritual, theoretical approaches to the study of religious phenomena, and the globalization of certain religious movements. Classic and contemporary ethnographies from anthropology and sociology will figure prominently.
2016 – Sessional Lecturer, Religions of the World: Eastern Traditions
Religious Studies Department, University of Prince Edward Island
~ This course is an introduction to the major living religions of the East: Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, and Taoism. Attention is directed to the ways in which each defines and promotes human fulfilment. Various audio-visual materials complement the lectures to convey an awareness of the spiritual and cultural dimensions of religion.
- 2018 – Transnational Socially Engaged Buddhism on Prince Edward Island. Course: Engaged Buddhism. Saint Mary’s University, Halifax, NS. January 31.
- 2017 – The Spectrum of Buddhism in North America: Case Studies from a Small Island. University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana. November 8.
- 2015 – Global Buddhism: Transnationalism, Legitimization & Outreach. Course: Introduction to Social Anthropology. Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS. March.
Teaching Assistantships & Other
- 2014-15 – Tutorial Instructor & Teaching Assistant, Dalhousie University: Dr. Lindsay DuBois. Course: Introduction to Anthropology.
- 2010 – Tutorial Instructor & Teaching Assistant, Wilfrid Laurier University: Dr. Richard Walker. Course: Religion and Visual Culture.
- 2009 – Teaching Assistant, Wilfrid Laurier University: Dr. Christopher Ross. Course: Evil and Its Symbols.
- 2006 – Teaching Assistant, Saint Mary’s University: Dr. Alexander Soucy. Courses: World Religions.
- 2006 – Teaching Assistant, Saint Mary’s University: Dr. Alexander Soucy. Courses: Hinduism.
- 2003-04 – College English Instructor, Gloria English School, Jhungli, Taiwan